Sunday, July 11, 2010

Livejournal TOTAL newbie here!?

So I am completely lost, I signed on for the first time yesterday after making my journal in january. I wanna know exactly the steps to adding a friends only banner? %26amp; maybe giving your LJ a look too? I am a TOTAL newbie like I mentioned lol so please use terms I will understand

Livejournal TOTAL newbie here!?
Oh, Friends Banners don't have exact steps yo! Basically, just take any photograph you like (i.e. A Band photo, a group of friends, an apple if you want) and then you edit it in a image editing program.


I like the GimpV.2 but I'm way too lazy to make a banner. Photoshop is popular but expensive. You could use paint if you wanted to! Edit the picture and add a "Friends Only" logo anywhere on the picture. You can use the regular text tool or you can use the help guide to figure out how to add special effects to the text.





After you have created the banner here's what you do:


-Upload the image to photobucket or another image hosting site.


-Log into your journal and go to "post an entery"


-Grab the HTML link from your image hosting account and paste it right into the entry space. You may wish to center it and to do this you just type out the HTML Code for center which is


%26lt; center %26gt; beforet the link and %26lt; / center %26gt; after the link. Take out the spaces when you type this!!


-You can adjust the date accordingly to make this post the first or last entery in your journal if you wish.


-Don't forget!! This entery needs to be posted as a public entery or no one will see it! All of your other LJ enteries need to be private or friends only.





As for giving your LJ a look, go to the side menu and go to Journal %26gt; Customize. There are a ton of preset layouts and easy steps for creating your own unique look. Have fun, %26amp; I hope this helps you out!


No comments:

Post a Comment